Who We Are
Immanuel Schools was founded as a Bible School in 1926 by interested members of the Mennonite Brethren Church. The educational program was carried on in the old Sunday School Building, which was then located just south of the present Reedley Mennonite Brethren Church. It became the desire of the local M.B. Churches to educate their children in Biblical knowledge beyond the training the churches could give.
Immanuel Academy was established as a four-year high school in 1944 and moved to the present location, a beautiful 13.5 acre campus overlooking the Kings River in Reedley, at 1128 S. Reed Ave. In 1991, Immanuel Junior High School opened with grades 7-8, and it was adopted by the Board to change the name to Immanuel Schools.
In 1999, two additional classrooms were moved onto the junior high campus to accommodate self-contained 6th grade classes. In 2004, Immanuel Schools purchased Windsor Christian Academy, located on Ave. 416, making it a K-12 district. In 2010, Immanuel Elementary School relocated to the secondary campus and continued as a separate K-6 campus while also enjoying the benefits of centralized resources.
In 2015, Immanuel added a 50 acre sports complex located two miles west of the main campus. The Immanuel Sports Complex houses eight tennis courts, two baseball and two softball diamonds, and is the home to County Line Stadium. Due to the relocation of Immanuel’s sports facilities, a brand new elementary school was completed in 2017 on the main Immanuel campus, to provide room for future growth.
Where We Are Going
A Biblically-Based Foundation
Rigor, Relevance and Relationship
Assessments and Accountability
Professional Staff Development
- Spiritual Maturity
- Service to Others
- Community Involvement
- Dynamic Co-Curricular Programs
- Successful Extra-Curricular Programs