- Students increase their locomotor skills with a variety of games and activities to strengthen their control over all parts of their bodies, especially their ability to walk, run, hop, and skip at varied speeds.
- Students learn manipulative skills as they practice using different types of sports equipment to fluidly throw, catch, roll, strike, or bounce different objects.
- Students work on improving their fitness with some traditional exercises to strengthen their critical muscles in their limbs and core.
- Students discuss and learn about proper health and nutrition and are encouraged to think about what they are putting in their bodies every day.
- Students learn offensive and defensive strategies through playing many traditional sports where students play on teams against opponents.
Immanuel Elementary Athletics
Immanuel Cross Country
Cross Country is an exciting sport that promotes hard work, dedication, and perseverance. Cross Country athletes set goals for themselves in order to reach their highest potential during each competition. The student athletes are encouraged to do their very best every time they run because a successful team always looks for ways to outrun their former times, and our mighty Eagles get to run for the glory of the One who gives them endurance. Cross Country athletes attend multiple invitationals throughout the season where they are able to compete with other schools in Kings Canyon Unified, including the Reedley College Invitational.
Immanuel Track and Field
Track and Field is a great sport that helps promote and develop students as people and athletes. Students are given the opportunity to participate in a variety of events including running, jumping, throwing, and sprinting. Across the season, athletes will develop their foundational athletic skills while instilling the value of hard work, responsibility, perseverance, dedication, and teamwork. Track and Field athletes with qualifying marks in their events will be able to attend and participate in the Valley Youth Championship Meet where they will compete against all the other qualifying athletes from all schools in the Valley area.