Immanuel Junior High spiritual Life
Immanuel Junior High School students are given the opportunity to grow and mature spiritually through: Bible classes and instruction, devotions and prayer, practical Biblical life applications, open discussions, relevant Chapel services, and a safe environment where students are supervised by teachers eager to demonstrate the love of Christ. Twice a year we participate in Spiritual Emphasis Week when we invite a special guest speaker to speak into the lives of the students for a week straight. Our students also engage in the bi-weekly meetings of Life Groups that allow them to strengthen their Christian fellowship and promote service opportunities to give back to the community, local churches, and/or local ministries.
* Spring Spiritual Emphasis Week concludes where students are asked to publicly respond to what God has been moving in their lives
* Junior Highers participate in an intimate, Teacher and student lead time of reflection and spiritual response.
* Explanation and review of God’s covenant with man
* 8 week read-through of the book of Exodus
* Extensive project researching the Tabernacle
* Project discovering how God worked in the life of Rahab in Joshua
* Comparative study of the individual Judges and their personal characteristics
* Fun team-building activities
Each day, the Junior High teachers are encouraged to lead their students in a daily devotional, a moment to focus on the Lord Jesus Christ, with the desire to make the Word of God continually relevant to the students. Following devotions, students participate in a time of prayer for each other as they make their request known to God.
* Continuing series through Proverbs in months with 31 days
* Following the devotional messages provided in the bulletin
* Meaningful prayer times with students to begin the morning
* See You at the Pole
* National Day of Prayer